Pre/Post Requirements for the Pets Merit Badge:
Requirement #1: Present evidence that you have cared for a pet for four months. Get approval before you start. Work done for other merit badges cannot be used for this requirement.
How To Submit #1:
Three Options for Submitting:
1) Submit a 4-month calendar log, listing how you cared for your pet.
2) Submit a written paragraph detailing how you cared for your pet over a 4-month period.
3) Record 1 video at the end of each month (for a total of 4 videos), discussing how you cared for your pet. Upload completed videos to YouTube and submit the links to me.
Requirement #2: Write in 200 words or more about the care, feeding, and housing of your pet.
How To Submit #2:
This will be written on your worksheet.
Requirement #3: Show that you have read a book or pamphlet, approved by your counselor, about your kind of pet. Discuss with your counselor what you have learned from what you read.
How To Submit #3:
You will be given a list of approved books or pamphlets. You should try to read this before class so we can discuss what you have learned. This list will come in a follow up email after you have booked the class.
Requirement #4: Do one of the following
a) Show your pet in some pet show.
b) Start a friend raising a pet like yours. Help your friend get a good start.
c) Train a pet in three or more tricks or special abilities.
How To Submit #4:
a) You will record a video that will be uploaded to a YouTube Pet Show page
b) You send an email when you have completed this step
c) You will record a video of the tricks and submit later
You will email me completed work to earn the merit badge to: email@example.com
IMPORTANT: Prior to registering, the Scout should have a discussion with their unit leader to:
1) obtain approval to participate in the course and
2) confirm their unit leader will sign the blue card upon course completing.
Upon completion of the course, the Scout will be issued a digital blue card signed by the merit badge counselor. The Scout will need to be print the digital blue card and have it signed by their unit leader.